Gearing Up for the Full-Time Job Hunt: Setting Timelines and Tasks with Pivot Dates
This session will give second year, full time seeking MBA students a tactical approach to their job search. Rather than just a task list of items to cover in no particular order, we will explore/build a monthly “to do” structure that aligns with the 8 – 12 week post to hire window, for most full-time Just in Time (JIT) roles that are posted by companies for any full-time employment seeking candidate (not MBA specific).
In this session we will:
- Review timelines for JIT roles that are not exclusively targeting MBA graduates.
- Learn to build/manage a “task list” of target items (like number of informational interviews by month)
- Discuss common pitfalls of networking and how to alter your outreach messaging if you’re having trouble getting responses from cold outreach.
- Review resources/decks from orientation that have helpful email templates to reference.
- Address individual questions brought up by attendees