International Student Career Bootcamp, Part II of II
***Note that this workshop will be offered in person. Lunch will be provided. Be sure to add your lunch order here before 12pm on Thursday 10/19 if you’d like to attend.***
In person location is BROOKS: 105 Brooks Ave, Raleigh. About 5 min walk from Nelson Hall, across the street on Hillsborough. Large conference room.
Boot Camp Description
The MBA job search in the United States for international students can be daunting. The visa situation is complicated, and ever changing; accurate information regarding which companies are actually sponsorship friendly can be difficult to find; and ultimately, every student needs a job search strategy that is customized to their personal and professional priorities.
If you are an international student seeking answers to these questions, the International Student Career Boot Camp is for you.
During this two part series, Annie will cover:
- Foundational U.S. Work Authorization, information, including: H-1B visas overview, CPT, OPT, and STEM OPT
- Language for how to talk about the benefits of STEM OPT to potential employers
- Lists of companies that have sponsored non-US work authorized MBAs in the past for internship and full-time roles
- Tutorials of publicly accessible databases to gauge company sponsorship friendliness
- The ISEL Model: a proven framework to design a personalized search strategy for international students
Each of the 2 sessions will contain unique content – it is recommended that you attend both sessions to be as informed and empowered as possible, regarding your recruiting prospects.