MBA CMC Summer Webinar#3- MBA Career Paths: Common Functions & Industries
MBA Career Pathing – Common Functions and Industries
For the best experience, please complete your CareerLeader Assessment and review your results prior to this workshop. Instructions for how to complete CareerLeader can be found in the pre-orientation Moodle.
An essential element to a successful MBA job search is understanding the fundamentals of the MBA careers landscape.
What types of companies in which industries tend to hire MBAs? What kinds of roles (functions) do companies typically hire MBAs to perform?
And perhaps most importantly, what are these jobs like day to day? What skills, talents, and interests do they require? And how can an MBA candidate begin to discern good areas of fit for their skills and interests?
Join us to learn:
- Common industries for MBAs:
- Consulting, Consumer Packaged Goods, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare/Pharma, Tech, Sustainability
- Common functions for MBAs:
- Business Development, Consulting, Corporate Finance, General Management, Human Capital, Marketing, Operations / Supply Chain, Product Management / Product Marketing, Sales
- Overview of the above industries and functions
- How incoming MBAs can begin discerning fit in the marketplace
Unable to attend live? This session will be recorded, and both recording and deck will be posted in the Fall 2023 Full-Time Orientation Moodle for review.