Simply put, LinkedIn is the tool for professional networking. Powerful, substantive and easy to navigate, LinkedIn is the most widely used networking tool by professionals and, more importantly for you, of hiring managers. Linkedin offers access to contacts, industry insight, statistics, company information, group connections and a stage for you to launch and enhance your professional career and your brand (Source: Beyond B-School NC State Jenkins MBA portal). You will learn how to:
1. Structure your profile to highlight your strengths and personal brand, as well as optimize it to show up in search results.
2. Explore career options and relevant skills
3. Find, build, and maintain contacts which will be valuable assets in your career (including NC State Jenkins MBA alumni)
4. Best connect with people who can help you in your career (or job search)
5. Optimize your headline so that you can be found.
This workshop is for students in job search AND happily employed, not actively looking. Ignore LinkedIn at your own risk. Even if happily employed you should always be 1) building your network, 2) open to passive opportunities, and 3) accumulating intelligence to improve your effectiveness via LI groups and news feeds.
Guest speaker: Amanda Chamberlain, Career Coach, IMPACT Group